We love cooking here at Home Farm Glamping, especially when you can do it out in the open over a campfire! We have a lovely bread recipe for you, and you don’t even have to knead it, making it a very easy but tasty recipe!
- 7g yeast
- 460ml warm water (you may need more or less depending on your flour!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 600g strong white bread flour OR plain flour
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprig of fresh rosemary (leaves removed and chopped) OR 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds for decoration
- Add warm water to a large bowl and add yeast, stir.
- Add the flour, rosemary, 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil and salt to the water and mix with hands or a wooden spoon.
- Cover with cling film or a damp tea towel and leave for 1 hour to rise.
- Do not punch down the dough like you normally would when making bread but instead just lift out the dough and gently shape so it fits into your pan or skillet. Make sure you add flour to your hands first!
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the top of the bread and sprinkle on the sesame seeds, add the rest of the oil to the pan.
- Cook on both sides over a campfire until each side is brown and slightly crispy, cut in half and check how doughy the mix is, and keep cooking on a gentle campfire heat. Should take between 30-50 minutes.